Option 1: Permanent Colors
To apply colors to subtotal rows:
1. Add Subtotals to the List.
2. Click Level 2 of the Subtotal levels.
3. Select cell A1, and then press Ctrl+Shift+* or press Ctrl+A.
4. Press Alt+; to select the visible cells.
5. Select Home -> Fill color (in Font Group) and select a color.
6. Click Level 3 of the Subtotal levels to open the hidden rows.
Option 2: Dynamic Coloring
To apply colors to subtotal rows using Conditional Formatting:
1. Select a cell in the List and press Ctrl+Shift+* or press Ctrl+A.
2. Select Home -> Conditional Formatting (in Styles Group) -> New Rule.
3. Select Use a Formula to determine which cells to format.
4. In Format values where this formula is true insert the formula =ISBLANK($A1), click the Format button, select the Fill tab, select a color and click OK twice.
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.