To total a stock list, use an Array Formula or SUMPRODUCT Formula:
Use Array Formula:
1. Define Names to both the Quantity (B2:B10) and Price ranges (C2:C10). (To define a range Name, see Tip #188.)
2. Type the formula =SUM(Quantity*Price) into a cell.
3. To change the formula to an Array Formula (see Tip #201), press F2 and simultaneously press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
Use SUMPRODUCT Formula:
1. Inset SUMPRODUCT function into cell D15.
2. Paste to the first argument box (Value1) the Name Quantity and paste to the second argument box (Value2) the Name Price and press OK.
Screenshot // Summing Stock Lists
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.