In this article, we will learn how to combine text & formatted numbers.
To combine two text cells into a single cell in Excel, you want a formula that will merge two text cells into a single cell. To retrieve the output, you can use TEXT function.
TEXT: Converts a value to text in a specific number format.
value: A numeric value that you want to be converted into text
format_text: Text string that defines the formatting that you want to be applied to the given value
Let us take an example:
- We have some text in column A & Amount in Dollars in column B.
- We want to join two text cells while amount in $ format remains same.
- In cell C2, formula would be =A2&” “&TEXT(B2,”$#,##0″)
- Text function will convert the amount contained in cell B2 in the same format as follows: “$#,##0″
- We will get output as $500
- Text in cell A2 will be then concatenated (merged) with the formatted currency value from cell B2 i.e$500
- We will get output as Price of Book is $500
In this way, we can merge text in excel into a single entity in Excel.