To color even numbered rows:
1. Select a cell in the region and press Ctrl+Shift+* (in Excel 2003, press this or Ctrl+A) to select the Current Region.
2. From the Format menu, select Conditional Formatting.
3. For Condition 1, select Formula Is, and insert the following formula in the Formula box:
4. Click Format, and select the Patterns tab.
5. Choose any color, and then click OK twice.
Screenshot // Coloring Even Numbered Rows in a List
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.