How to Restrict Dates using Data Validation in Excel?
If you want to prevent user from entering dates of their choice in specific cells, then this article is for you. In this article we will learn how to restrict user to enter the dates which are preset by the owner of this file.
The function used in this tutorial will work on following versions of Microsoft Excel:
Excel 2013, Excel 2010, Excel 2007, Excel 2003
Let’s assume the Start Date is 1/1/2014 & End Date is 12/31/2014
To restrict user from entering date beyond the specified dates, we need to follow the below steps:
- Select the cells in which data validation needs to be applied.
- Press ALT + D + L
- From Settings tab, select Date in Allow dropdown
- In Start date, enter cell C2 (Start Date)
- In End date, enter cell C3 (End Date)
- As we click on OK button; the user will not be allowed to enter any date apart from the specified dates.
In this way, we can prevent user from entering any date of their choice.