In this article, we will learn how we can allow multiple users to edit the ranges in Microsoft Excel.
From the Tools menu, select Protection, and then Allow Users to Edit Ranges.
This advanced option allows multiple users (for example, when working on a network) to update data in a well-defined and private area. Each workbook user is allotted a range in the sheet with a unique password.
Let’s understand with an example to understand how we can follow the procedure.
- Open the workbook.
- Click on Protection tab.
- Click on Allow Users to Edit Ranges under changes group.
- “Allow users to Edit Ranges” dialog box will appear.
- Click on New.
- You can write the title as per your need, and in the next tab, select the cell.
- And then click on Permissions.
- Where you can add the users whom you want to edit in data.
- Click on Add.
- Enter the object name and then click on OK.
- Repeat the last 2 steps to add the multiple users.
This is the way we can allow the multiple users to edit ranges in Microsoft Excel.