In this article we will learn how to add a calculated field in excel 2010.
“PIVOT TABLE” is used for summarizing a large amount of data without using any formulas, it makes the data easy to read with flexibility.
Let’s take an example to understand how to add a calculated field in PIVOT TABLE
I have a “PIVOT TABLE” where Column A contains the products, column B sum of total revenue and column C the net revenue. I need to show the expenses amount in the “PIVOT TABLE”. To add the data field in the “PIVOT TABLE”follow the below mentioned steps:-
- Select a cell in the “PivotTable” report, and from the “PivotTable” toolbar, click onthe PivotTable icon, the contextual menu in the ribbons will get activated.
- Go to the “Analyze” tab, in the “Calculations” group, select “Calculated Field” fromthe “Field, Items & Sets” drop down list.
- The dialog box will appeared, type “Expenses Amount”as the name of the new field in the “Name” box.
- In the “Field” box select “Total Revenue” and click on “Insert Field” type the minus (-) sign in the “Formula” tab. You can also double click on the items in the Fields box and it will directly appear in the Formula box.
- Select “Net Revenue” from the “Field” box and click on “Insert Field”.
- Click on ok.
This will add the Expenses Amount as another field in the pivot table.