To display the top 10 items:
1. Select a cell in a row field and press Alt+P to display PivotTable shortcut menu from the PivotTable toolbar (if the PivotTable toolbar is not visible, see the Note in Tip #299).
2. Select Sort and Top 10 (when using Excel 2002 or Excel 2003).
Right-click, and then select Field Settings from the shortcut menu.
3. Click Advanced.
4. In the PivotTable Sort and Top 10 dialog box (when using Excel 2002 & Excel 2003), or in the PivotTable Field Advanced Options dialog box, select the On option button in the Top 10 AutoShow section.
5. Select Top (or Bottom) from the Show dropdown list, and then select the desired display number.
6. In Using Field, select the data field to filter for the Top (or Bottom) items, and then click OK.
Screenshot // Displaying the Top/Bottom Number of Items
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.