In this article, we will learn how to create a “Pivot Table” report in Microsoft Excel 2010.
PIVOT TABLE is used to summarize the large number of data without using any formula, and it makes the data easy to read and understandable with flexibility.
This option is available in the Insert Tab, under the table group.
Let’s take an example how we can create a pivot table report.
We have data in range A1:E19. Column A contains Region, column B contains City, column c contains product, column D contains total revenue and column E contains Net revenue.
Follow below given steps:-
- Select the data range A1:E19.
- Go to Insert tab, click on Pivot table under the tables group.
- Create Pivot table dialog box will appear.
- Click on Ok. Then new sheet will get inserted with the Pivot table fields.
- Drag the fields in area.
- Drag to region in Rows area, product in columns and total revenue in Values area.
This is the way to create pivot table report in Microsoft Excel.