Sometimes, we need to write division (÷) symbol instead of forward slash. We often use this symbol in column headings and explanation notes such as Achieve revenue ÷ Target revenue. Since Excel uses the forward slash (/) as the division operator in calculating formulas, we can use the division symbol only in the text.
Let’s learn with this simple exercise to insert a division symbol in Excel:
- To enter the division symbol, press shortcut key: – Alt+0247
- Then release the Alt key
Note: You must use the numeric keypad and not the numbers on the top row of your keyboard.
If you want to add any other symbol, then follow the steps below:
- Select the cell where you want to insert symbol
- Then Go to Insert Tab
- In the Symbols group, click on Symbols
- Symbol launcher box will appear
- Now select required symbol
- Click on Insert and then close
In this way, we can insert any symbol in Microsoft Excel.
If you liked our blogs, share it with your friends on Facebook. And also you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org