In this article, you’ll learn how to copy and move a cell(s) between sheets/workbooks in Microsoft Excel.
We need to move or copy options for various purposes, but usually we move our sheet when we prepare any report on the basis of data and we just want to send only report to management. But, yes, as per our requirement, we can use it for any purpose.
We can see “Move and Copy” option in the Home tab:-
Home tab > Cells group > Click on Format > Move or Copy
Let’s take an example and understand:-
We have a workbook in which we have 3 worksheets. In this workbook, we have Dashboard sheet, Calculation sheet and Data sheet, from which we want to move or copy only dashboard sheet.
Follow below given steps:-
- Right click with the mouse on the dashboard sheet
- Pop-up will appear
- Click on Move or Copy… option
- Move or Copy dialog box will appear
- Check the option of “create a copy”
- Click on drop down list of To book:
- From the list, select the workbook in which you want to move the sheet
- Click on OK
- New workbook will be created
In this way, we can move or copy the sheet between workbooks in Microsoft Excel.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org