For an explanation on how to create and save a new template workbook.
In this example, the template workbook name is Book.xlt
(except for Excel 2000, where the template workbook name will be Sheet.xlt).
To define a new customized sheet to be used as the default inserted sheet:
1. Insert new sheets from a template named Book.xlt by right-clicking a sheet tab, and selecting Insert from the shortcut menu.
2. Double-click Book.xlt.
3. Delete all sheets except one.
4. Save the workbook as a template with the name Sheet.xlt, and then close it.
To insert one template sheet into a workbook:
1. Right-click any sheet tab, and select Insert from the shortcut menu.
2. In the Insert dialog box, select the template Sheet.xlt and click OK. The inserted sheet is the customized sheet template.
Screenshot // Inserting a New Sheet from a Template Sheet
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.
I volunteer at my constable's office and I try to maintain the reports from each deputy on daily activities and heir racial profile reports. I have been doing this in EXCEL but would like to use a template to do this. I would like to know if the template data can be saved making a new sheet in their book, where I can total all segments of data each month.