In Excel date and time are saved as number, so in this article we’ll learn how we can see the number behind the date and time.
Convert time into number:
- In a cell we enter current time by pressing the key Ctrl+Shift+;
- Current time will appear in the cell
- Now press the key Ctrl+`
- To display the number behind time
Convert date into number:
- In a cell we enter current date by pressing Ctrl+;
- Current date will appear in the cell
- Press the Ctrl+` to display the number behind the date
Note: In Excel time is saved in decimal values and date has started from 1-Jan-1900 as 1st day. When we enter any date in Excel it calculates from 1-Jan-1900 till entered date in days and then returns the result.
If you liked our blogs, share it with your friends on Facebook. And also you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at email@example.com