In this article, we will learn how we can copy the subtotals summary in Microsoft Excel 2010.
Subtotal: - This option is used to calculate rows of related data quickly by inserting subtotals and totals.
Before copying the subtotals summary, we create the subtotal in data.
Let’s take an example to understand how we can use the Subtotal in Microsoft Excel.
We have data in range A1:E18 where column A contains month, column B contains year, column C contains Date, column D contains Customer name and column E contains Revenue ($).
Follow below given steps:-
- Sort the data as per the year, newest to oldest.
To add the subtotal to a Date field, follow below given steps:-
- Go to data Tab, and Select Subtotal from the Outline group.
- Subtotal dialog box will appear.
- Select year from the drop down list of ‘At each change in’.
- To add the fields, select Sum from the function drop down list.
- Check to Revenue, and then click on OK.
- The data will get added as per the date field in Microsoft Excel.
To copy the subtotals summary, follow below given steps:-
- Add Subtotals to the List.
- In the Subtotal levels, click level 2.
- Select a cell in the List, and press Ctrl+Shift+*
- Press F5, and in the ‘Go To’ dialog box, click Special. In the ‘Go To Special’ dialog box, select Visible cells only and click OK.
- Copy the summary by pressing the key Ctrl+C and paste in the 2nd sheet by pressing the key Ctrl+V on your keyboard.
This is all about how we can copy the subtotal summary in Microsoft Excel.