In this article, we will learn how to add a running balance calculation column in Microsoft Excel 2010.
To add a running balance, we will use calculating field feature in pivot table.
Let us take an example:
- We have a product list in column A, Debit amount in column B & Credit amount in column C.
- We have to create a pivot table
- Click on ANALYZE ribbon
- In Calculations group, click on Fields, Items, & Sets
- Click on Calculated Field
- Insert Calculated Field dialog box will appear.
- In Name box, enter the name as Running Balance
- In Formula box, enter formula as = Credit-Debit
- Click on Ok, and you will see a new column will be inserted next to the Product list.