Option 1: Change the column formatting from Text to General by multiplying the numbers by 1:
1. Enter the number 1 into a cell and copy it.
2. Select the column formatted as text, press Shift+F10 or right-click, and then select Paste Special from the shortcut menu.
3. Select the Multiply option button in the Paste Special dialog box, and then click OK.
Option 2: Change the column formatting from Text to General using the Text to Columns technique:
1. Select the column formatted as text.
2. From the Data menu, select Text to Columns.
3. In Step 1 of 3, select the Fixed width option button.
4. Skip Step 2 of 3.
5. In Step 3 of 3, select the General option button in the Column data format section, and then click Finish.
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.