While preparing Excel Reports and Excel Dashboards in Microsoft Excel, we need to copy a cell / cells from another file and insert these in our file without overwriting the existing Data.
Shortcut to Insert copied Cell/Cells without overwriting existing Data Using Keyboard
To copy and paste the cell(s) containing data without overwriting existing data:-
Here we have the Data as shown in below image
1. Copy the Cell/Cells containing data
2. Select the Cell/Cells within the range of cells that should not be overwritten
3. Press Ctrl++ (plus sign) to open the Insert dialog box
4. Select Shift cells right or Shift cells down or you can select Entire row or entire column depending on the data
5. Click OK
Insert the copied Cell/Cells without overwriting existing Data Using Mouse
To copy & paste a cell(s) without overwriting existing data, using both the keyboard shortcut and the mouse:
1. Select the Cell/Cells that contain the data to be copied
2. Hold the CTRL+Shift keys
3. Move the mouse over the selection border
4. When cursor changes to a small cross
5. Drag the Cell/Cells to a new location and paste it
6. Notice the gray line bar that follows the mouse
7. Position it in the new location
8. Release the mouse
If you liked our blogs, share it with your friends on Facebook. And also you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.