In Excel, we can prevent user from entering their stuff in cell by using data validation. In this article, we will get rid of data validation list in Excel.
Question: Is there a smart way in Excel to remove data validation list at all in a cell so that I can enter my own values.
The normal way is:
- Press ALT + D + L
- From Settings tab; click on Allow
- Select Any Value
- Click on OK button & data validation will be gone in Excel.
The problem in this approach is too much use of mouse; in order to avoid use of mouse we can use Paste Special.
We need to follow the below steps:
- Select a blank cell where no data validation list is applied.
- Press CTRL + C to copy
- Select the cell(s) which you want to remove data validation list.
- Press ALT + E, S, N
- Click on button & your data validation list will be vanished using copy paste special feature.
In this way, we can get rid of data validation dropdown list in Excel.