To total the quantities and the amounts of monthly sales Lists:
1. Define Names for two Lists, and note the instructions on how to consolidate Lists,
2. Select a cell, and from the Data menu, select Consolidate.
3. In the Reference box, press F3.
4. In the Paste Name dialog box, select List1, click OK, and then click Add to add List1 to All references.
5. Press F3 again and add List2 to All references.
6. In Use Labels in, select the Top row and Left column checkboxes, and then click OK.
To display total sales (quantity and amounts) by month, side-by-side:
1. In List1, change the heading titles Quantities and Total Sales to Quantity – Jan and Total Sales – Jan, respectively.
2. In List2, change the heading titles Quantity and Total Sales to Quantity – Feb and Total Sales – Feb, respectively.
3. Repeat steps 2 through 6 on the previous page to consolidate the Lists.
Screenshot // Summing Sales Quantities and Amounts for Several Lists, or Presenting the Figures Side-by-Side
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.