In this article, we will learn how we can apply the styles to subtotal rows in Microsoft Excel 2010.
Subtotal: - This option is used to calculate rows of related data quickly by inserting subtotals and totals.
Before applying the styles to subtotal rows, we create the subtotal in data.
Let’s take an example to understand how we can use the Subtotal in Microsoft Excel.
We have data in range A1: E18 in which column A contains month, column B contains year, column C contains Date, column D contains Customer name, and column E contains Revenue ($).
Follow below given steps:-
- Sort the data as per the year, newest to oldest.
To add the subtotal to a Date field, follow below given steps:-
- Go to data Tab, and select Subtotal from the Outline group.
- Subtotal dialog box will appear.
- Select year from the drop down list of At each change in.
- To add the fields, select Sum from the function drop down list.
- Check to Revenue, and click on OK.
The data will get add as per the date field in Microsoft Excel.
To apply the styles to subtotal rows, follow below given steps:-
- Select a cell in the List area, and press Ctrl+Shift+* .
- All data will get selected.
- From the Data menu, select Group and Outline, and then Settings.
- Click on Apply styles.
- The automatic style is applied to subtotal lines.
This is the way we can apply styles to subtotal rows in Microsoft Excel.