To insert a symbol into a new number format in Excel 97 & Excel 2000:
Example: Create and save a number format with the € (euro) symbol.
1. Press Alt+0128 (use the numeric key pad).
Select a cell and type the following formula:
Press F2 and then F9 to delete the formula and leave the value in the cell.
2. In the Formula bar, select the € symbol, and press Ctrl+C to copy it.
3. Select another cell, and press Ctrl+1 to open the Format Cells dialog box.
4. Select the Number tab, and choose Custom.
5. In the Type box, press Ctrl+V.
6. Continue by typing the format code #,##0.
7. Click OK. The result is the following Custom Formatting € #,##0, which can be applied to any other cell(s) or range(s).
To add a symbol into a new number format in Excel 2002 & Excel 2003:
1. From the Insert menu, select Symbol.
2. Select the Euro symbol and click Insert.
3. Continue with step 3 in the previous procedure.
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.