While working on Excel data, most of the times, we want to know if the duplicates are automatically highlighted so that the viewer can easily view the duplicate item & start working on it. In this article, we will use COUNTIFS formula to highlight the exact matching row.
Question): I have 3 columns data; I want to highlight the row which is exactly matching & is occurring second time. If an entry is made and all three items are the same, then I want it to be highlighted.
Following is the picture of data we have. The row# 10 is exactly matching to row# 2
To highlight the duplicate row, we need to follow the below steps:
- Select range A2:C10
- Press ALT + O + D to launch Conditional Formatting Rule Manager
- Click on New Rule
- Select “Use a formula to determine which cells to format”
- In Format values; the formula is
- Click on Format & select any color from Fill tab
- Click on OK button twice
- We will get to see the duplicate row.
- To verify the above formula is perfectly working or not, let us change the Age in cell B8 from 27 to 25
- Now row# 3 & 8 are both identical & conditional formatting should highlight row# 8
In this way, we can highlight the exactly matching duplicate rows in the provided data.