To add a data field that calculates the % difference from the previous item:
1. From the PivotTable Field List, drag a field to the Data area. In the example below, the field is Quantity.
In Excel 97 and Excel 2000, use the Layout dialog box (Step 3 of the PivotTable Wizard in Excel 97, and Step 4 in Excel 2000) to drag the extra field to the Data area.
2. Select a cell in the new field and click the Field Setting icon.
3. Change the title of the field in the Name box.
4. Click Options, and from the Show data as dropdown list, select % Difference From.
5. In Base field, select the detailed Row field.
6. In Base item, select first item of the Base field, and then click OK.
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.