To compare between two Lists:
Step 1: Check each List
1. For cells in column B, insert the formula =IF(COUNTIF(E:E,A2)0,3,1).
2. For cells in column F, insert the formula =IF(COUNTIF(A:A,E2)0,3,2).
Step 2: Merging the Lists into one List of unique names
1. Select cell B2, and click the Sort Ascending icon on the Standard toolbar.
2. Repeat step 1 for cell F2.
3. In column E, beginning with cell E2, copy the names of those employees for whom the number 2 appears in column F, and then paste the names at the bottom of the first List.
Screenshot // Comparing Lists Using the COUNTIF Formula
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.