» Drawing Lines Between Sorted Groups
To draw lines between sorted groups of data:
1. Sort the List by Customer Name by selecting a cell in column C (see screenshot) and clicking the Sort icon.
2. Select cell A1 in the Current Region and press Ctrl+Shift+* (in Excel 2003, press this or Ctrl+A).
3. From the Format menu, select Conditional Formatting.
4. In Condition 1, select Formula Is.
5. In the Formula box, enter the formula =$C1$C2. Be sure to enter the formula with absolute reference for the column and relative reference for the row.
6. In the Conditional Formatting dialog box, click the Format button, select the Border tab, in Border section click Underline and then choose a color.
7. Click OK twice.
|Screenshot // Drawing Lines Between Sorted Groups|