To validate number entries:
1. Select a range of cells.
2. Select Data -> Data Validation (in Data Tools Group).
3. Select Settings -> Allow -> Whole number.
4. From Data dropdown list select Between.
5. In the Minimum box, enter the required lower limit, for example, 1000.
6. In the Maximum box, enter the required upper limit, for example, 9999.
7. Click OK.
Screenshot // Validating Number Entries in Excel 2007
The applications/code on this site are distributed as is and without warranties or liability. In no event shall the owner of the copyrights, or the authors of the applications/code be liable for any loss of profit, any problems or any damage resulting from the use or evaluation of the applications/code.