In this article we will learn about the Analysis Toolpak in Excel.
The Analysis ToolPak is an add-on in Microsoft Excel. By default this add-in is not installed in Excel.
Steps for user to manually install it:
- Click on File ribbon
- Click on Options
- From Options, select Add-Ins
- Select Analysis ToolPak and click on Go button
- You can see 4 Add-Ins options are available, check the Analysis ToolPak
- Click on OK button
- When you check Data ribbon, this time you will see Data Analysis option appears in Analysis Group.
- When you click on Data Analysis, you will find the dialog box as shown below:
There are a total of 19 options available in the Data Analysis:
1. Anova: Single Factor
2. Anova: Two-Factor with Replication
3. Anova: Two-Factor without Replication
6. Descriptive Statistics
7. Exponential Smoothing
8. F-Test Two Sample for Variance
9. Fourier Analysis
11. Moving Average
12. Random Number Generation
13. Rank and Percentile
16. t-Test: Paired Two Sample for Means
17. t-Test: Two-Sample Assuming Equal Variances
18. t-Test: Two-Sample Assuming Unequal Variances
19. Z-Test: Two-Samples for Mean
An add-in is simply a hidden tool that adds new features in Microsoft Excel 2010 and 2013.