In this article we will learn about Inches to feet convert in Excel.
An inch is the name of a unit of length in a number of different systems. The inch is usually the universal unit of measurement and is commonly used.
The plural form of inch is inches.
Symbol of inch:”
A foot is a unit of distance or length. The plural form of foot is feet.
Symbol of foot :ft
Let’s have a look at some of the commonly used measurements:
- 1 Yard is equal to 36 inches
- 12 inches are equalto a foot
- 1 inch is equal to 25.4 millimetres
- 1 inch is equal to 2.54 cms
- 3 feet are equal1 yard.
- 1 metre is equal to 3.28 feet
Let us take an example:
- Column A contains some numbers in inches
- In cell B2 type =Convert select cell A2as first argument that contains Inches
- The second argument in Convert Function from_unit will be “in”for Inch
- In the third argument, select to_unit as “ft” for Foot
- Copy the formula from cell B2 in range B3:B10
- You will get the below mentioned result: