In this article we will learn how we can convert Inches to Decimal in Excel.
An inch is a commonly used term & is the universal unit of measurement. An inch is the name of a unit of length in a number of various systems.
The plural form of inch is inches.
Symbol of inch:”
A foot is a unit of distance or length. The plural form of foot is feet.
Symbol of foot: ft
The formula to calculate Decimal Foot simply says that Inch is divided by Foot
1 Inch = 1/12 or 0.083
6 Inch = 6/12 or 0.500 (or half foot)
Let’s take an example:
- Column A contains numbers from 1 to 12 in inches
- In column B we want to convert Inches to Decimal Foot
- Enter formula in cell B2 = A2/12 i.e. 1/12 we get 0.083
- Copy the formula from cell B2 in range B3:B13
- The function will get convert Inches to Decimal foot.
Let us take another example in which we have Feet & Inches. Combining both of them, we want to show the Decimal Feet
Column A contains Feet. Column B contains Inches. In column C, we want to get the result in Decimal Foot
- Enter the formula in cell C2 = A2+(B2/12)
- Copy the formula in cell C2 in range C3:C13
- We will get the below mentioned result