In this article, you will learn how to highlight the most recent date in the range. We will use Conditional formatting option along with MAX function in Microsoft Excel.
To understand let’s take an example:-
We have sell data to a product agent wise, in which we want to see the latest date of sold product.
Cell C13, contains the newest date which we can easily figure out from small data. But people who are working on a large data, need a solution to identify the earliest date from a range.
Follow below given steps:-
- Select date range, column C
- Use ALT + O + D shortcut key
- Or we can go to Home ribbon > Conditional formatting > Click on New Rule
- Click on “Format only cells that contain”
- Select Cell Value equal to =MAX($A:$A)
- Click on Format & Select any color
- Click on Ok button we will get the latest highlighted cell
In this way using Max function with Conditional Formatting, we can highlight the newest date from a range or column.
If you liked our blogs, share it with your friends on Facebook. And also you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org