Advance filter can be used to filter unique records or removing duplicate records from the database. To get unique list of Managers, we will copy the unique list in different location other than the original list.
Note: The list must contain a heading, or the first item may be duplicated in the results.
We need to follow the below steps:
- Select a cell in the database or use shortcut key ALT + A + Q
- Select “Copy to another location”
- In List range, select column E
- Do not select anything as Criteria range
- In Copy to field, enter the cell wherein you want to paste the unique records
- The last step is to tick on the Unique records only
By clicking OK button, we will get the following list of all the Managers
ADVANCE FILTER INDEX:
Introduction to Advance Filter
1. Using “And”, “Or” and Multiple Criteria
2. How to Filter Unique Records?
3. How to Use Wildcards?
4. Extract records after specific date criteria
5. Extract items between 2 Date’s criteria
6. How to extract data with specific text?
7. How to extract data to another worksheet using VBA?