We have Company Report with Employee Name, State, Emp Id, Manager & Process.
The above data contains more than 250 rows. Now, we want user to select Name, Manager& Process from dropdown lists.
The information should be updated in another sheet with a single click
To get the output on the above shown multiple criteria, we require VBA code.We need to follow the below mentioned steps to launch VB editor
- Click on Developer tab
- From Code group, select Visual Basic or simply press ALT +F11 to launch VBA screen
- Click on Insert, and then on Module
This will create a new module.
Enter the following code in the Module;
We can assign the macro to GO button. After clicking the GO button, we will get the following result
The above VBA code will automatically update the result as we change Employee Name, Manager or Process.
In this way, using Advance Filter through VBA,we can extract data on multiple conditions.
ADVANCE FILTER INDEX:
Introduction to Advance Filter
1. Using “And”, “Or” and Multiple Criteria
2. How to Filter Unique Records?
3. How to Use Wildcards?
4. Extract records after specific date criteria
5. Extract items between 2 Date’s criteria
6. How to extract data with specific text?
7. How to extract data to another worksheet using VBA?