In this article, you will learn how to delete drop down list.
You can delete the drop down list from either cell(s) or all the cells that contain the same drop down list in the current sheet.
Let us take an example:
We have Monthly report in which the team member can select either “Yes” or “No” (target achieved).
- To show the Percentage achieved instead of No, we can select the cells B3 & B7
- Click on Data tab
- From Data Tools group, click on Data Validation or press ALT + D + L
- From Settings tab, click on Allow in Validation Criteria & then select Any Value
- After clicking on OK button, you can enter the percentage of target achieved in cells B3 & B7.
- The above snapshot shows you can use drop down list as well as normal cells in column B.
- To delete all the cells that belong to same drop down list, you need to follow the below shown steps:
- Click on any cell that contains drop down list.
- Press ALT + D + L to open the Data Validation window
- Select Validation criteria as Any value from Data Validation window, you need to click on “Apply these changes to all other cells with the same settings”
- The drop down list will get deleted. Deleting the drop down list will give user the access to enter the inputs from their end rather than selecting from the drop down list.
In this way, you can delete drop down lists either from cell or all the cells.
Below you can find more example:-
If you liked our blogs, share it with your friends on Facebook. And also you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at [email protected]