In this article, we will illuminate you about how we can compare strings of two cells in Microsoft Excel. We will use EXACT function to compare the text and other way we can compare by matching the strings with each other.
Let’s take an example to understand how we can match the strings in Excel:
We have 2 columns, in which we have formula list. We need to compare both the columns, if text color matches or not.
To compare texts, we’ll use EXACT function. When we want to compare exact match in terms of text, if it is in capital letters or small letter, we use EXACT function.
Follow below given steps:
- Enter the Formula in cell C2
- Press Enter
- Copy and paste the formula in the range
In above image we can see, if cell strings does not match in any term whether it is capital & small or strings mismatch.
Another way to match the strings by ignoring the case of letters. Follow below given steps:
- Enter the formula in cell C1
- =A2=B2, press enter on your keyboard
- To return the matching result for the rest of the cells copy the same formula by pressing the key Ctrl+C
- Then paste it in the range C3:C6 by pressing the key Ctrl+V on your keyboard
We will get the result in true and false. True means the text are matching and false means is text are not matching.
Difference between both function and formula:
If you liked our blogs, share it with your friends on Facebook. And also you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at email@example.com