To obtain the sum of the data by selecting range of cells, we can use SUM function to get the output.
SUM: Adds all the numbers in a range of cells
There can be maximum 255 arguments. Refer below shown screenshot:
Let us take an example:
To take sum of the numbers in column A.
- The formula in cell A11 would be =SUM(A2:A10)
- There is another way for doing sum is by pressing ALT + = or click the Auto Sum feature.
To use Auto Sum feature, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Click on Home ribbon
- In Editing group, click on AutoSum
- From drop down list, select Sum
- You will get the sum of the numbers in range A2:A10