» Values Not Formatted as Numbers in Excel 2007
Change the column formatting from Text to General by multiplying the numbers by 1:
1. Enter the number 1 into a cell and copy it.
2. Select the column formatted as text, select Home tab -> Paste (in Clipboard Group) -> Paste Special.
3. Select the Multiply option button in Operation section, and then click OK.
Change the column formatting from Text to General:
1. Select the column formatted as text.
2. Select Data -> Convert Text to Table (in Data Tools Group).
3. In Step 1, select the Fixed width option button and click Next.
4. In Step 2 click Next.
5. In Step 3 select the General option button in the Column data format section, and click Finish.