» PivotTable report - Grouping Text Fields
To group text fields:
1. Select a few items in a row field. In the example, items are selected from Customer Name.
2. Press Alt+Shift+Right Arrow.
Right-click, select Group and Outline from the shortcut menu, and then Group.
3. In the new field, change the text Group1 by typing over it.
4. Repeat the steps above to add more groups and change the group text.
5. Type a new name for the new field on the gray title, and then click OK.
6. Drag the Customer Name field to Page (in the upper-left corner).
Only one new group field can be created. If you want to add more group fields to the same field (for example, to group customers by salesperson name or product), you must copy and paste the Customer Name column into the source data, change the heading title, and then group each field in the PivotTable report.
|Screenshot // PivotTable report - Grouping Text Fields|