» PivotTable report - Adding a Data Field That Calculates Percentage Difference from the Previous Item
To add a data field that calculates the % difference from the previous item:
1. From the PivotTable Field List, drag a field to the Data area. In the example below, the field is Quantity.
In Excel 97 and Excel 2000, use the Layout dialog box (Step 3 of the PivotTable Wizard in Excel 97, and Step 4 in Excel 2000) to drag the extra field to the Data area.
2. Select a cell in the new field and click the Field Setting icon.
3. Change the title of the field in the Name box.
4. Click Options, and from the Show data as dropdown list, select % Difference From.
5. In Base field, select the detailed Row field.
6. In Base item, select first item of the Base field, and then click OK.
Result: See column D in the Pivot Table report.
|Screenshot // PivotTable report - Adding a Data Field That Calculates Percentage Difference from the Previous Item|