» Inserting the path where the Workbook is saved to the title bar or the status bar using VBA in Microsoft Excel
The blue line at the top of the window is the Title bar. Use the available empty space by adding information such as the Path, which shows where the active workbook is saved.
To add the path address to the Title bar:
1. Press Alt+F11 to open the VBE.
2. In the VBAProject pane, double-click ThisWorkbook.
3. At the top of the Module, open the left dropdown list (General) and select Workbook, then select the Activate event from the Procedure dropdown list on the right.
4. In the Activate macro, type the following code:
5. To cancel the displaying of the path when activating or opening a different workbook, add the Deactivate macro by selecting Deactivate from the Procedure dropdown list.
6. In the Deactivate macro, type the code:
7. Copy and insert the two macros to each This Workbook module of any workbook for which you wish to display the path.
|Screenshot // Inserting the path where the Workbook is saved to the title bar or the status bar using VBA in Microsoft Excel|