» Filtering by the Date Field
To filter by date:
1. If the List is in Filter mode, turn it off by selecting Filter, and then AutoFilter from the Data menu.
2. Copy the Date column.
3. Select two columns to the right of the Date field.
4. Press Shift+F10 and then press Ctrl++ or right click, and select Insert Copied Cells from the shortcut menu (pasting by inserting copied cells allows one to insert two columns, and paste the copied column into them).
5. Change the titles for the two columns to Month and Year.
6. Select the Month column and press Ctrl+1 to format the cells.
7. In the Number tab, select Custom.
8. In the Type box, enter the format mmmm (full month format), and click OK.
9. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the Year column.
10. In the Type box, enter the format yyyy (full year format), and click OK. You can now filter by any month or year.
11. The List is now ready to filter according to Month and Year criteria.
|Screenshot // Filtering by the Date Field|