» Coloring One Record in Each Group in a Range
To color one record in each group in a range, use Conditional Formatting:
1. Select the range of cells (or select the entire column).
2. From the Format menu, select Conditional Formatting.
3. In the Condition 1 box, select Formula Is.
4. Enter the following formula (make sure you are careful about the Absolute and Relative references): =COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2)=1
5. Click Format, and select the Patterns tab.
6. Choose any color, and then click OK twice.
|Screenshot // Coloring One Record in Each Group in a Range|