» Applying Colors to Maximum/Minimum Values in a List
To apply colors to maximum and/or minimum values:
1. Select a cell in the region, and press Ctrl+Shift+* (in Excel 2003, press this or Ctrl+A) to select the Current Region.
2. From the Format menu, select Conditional Formatting.
3. In Condition 1, select Formula Is, and type =MAX($F:$F) =$F1.
4. Click Format, select the Font tab, select a color, and then click OK.
5. In Condition 2, select Formula Is, and type =MIN($F:$F) =$F1.
6. Repeat step 4, select a different color than you selected for Condition 1, and then click OK.
Be sure to distinguish between absolute reference and relative reference when entering the formulas.
|Screenshot // Applying Colors to Maximum/Minimum Values in a List|