In this article, we will learn how to draw lines between sorted groups in Microsoft Excel 2010.
To draw lines between sorted groups of data, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Sort the List by Customer Number by selecting a cell in column C and click on the Sort icon.
- Click on Data ribbon
- In Sort & Filter group, click on A to Z (lowest to highest)
- Now, the data has been sorted to customer wise.
- Select cell A1 in the Current Region and press CTRL + SHIFT + * or CTRL + A
- Click on Home ribbon
- In Styles group, click on Conditional Formatting
- Click on New Rule
- In New Formatting Rule dialog box, select “Use a formula to determine which cells to format” option.
- In Format values enter formula as =$C1>$C2
- Click on Format
- Select Border tab & select underline style & color
- Click on OK to see the preview
- Click on OK, and the conditional formatting rules manager dialog box will appear
- Click on OK button to see the desired result.