MS-Excel 2013 allows you to add the digital signature to the workbook files. After checking the spreadsheet and verifying all the details, with the digital signature we can confirm if we are the authorized person for the same.
Let’s understand with the simple exercise how we can protect our workbook with the digital signature.
We have a workbook, in which we have comparison of prices from the different vendors and basis that we will choose the vendor to purchase the gift.
After selecting the vendor, this document needs to be signed by the authorized person. Follow below given steps to protect the sheet with the digital signature:
- Select the vendor
- For the confirmation add digital signature
- Go to INSERT tab
- Click on “Add a Signature Line” under the Test group
- Signature setup dialog box will appear
- Enter the name in Suggested Signer box
- Enter title in Suggested Signer’s title (optional)
- Enter title in Suggested Signer’s e-mail address (Optional)
- Click OK
- We can see the Signature line at the end of document
- Save the file and close it
- To add the signature you need a digital ID
- Whenever you will open the file, you will get a pop-up of Signatures
In this way we can protect workbooks with a digital signature in Microsoft Excel.
If you liked our blogs, share it with your friends on Facebook. And also you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org