In this article, we will learn how we can use defined range name while calculation in Microsoft Excel.
Let’s take an example to understand.
We have a workbook in which we have 3 lists in 3 columns. Column A contains Jan_2010 sold number to the product, same column B contains the number for Feb_2010, and column C contains the number for the month of Mar_2010.
Follow below given steps to use a range name in a formula:-
- Define the name to every column.
- Select the range A1:A13, and define the name in Name box.
- Write Jan_2010
- Select the range B1:B13, and define the name in Name box.
- Write Feb_2010.
- Select the range C1:C13, and define the name in Name box.
- Write Mar_2010.
- Select a cell and type the formula.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
- The function will sum the values to the defined range.
This is the way we can use the formula to define a range name in Microsoft Excel.