In this article, we will learn how we can automatically define the names for ranges in lists in Microsoft Excel 2010.
Let’s take an example to understand how we can define the names for ranges automatically.
We have a workbook in which we have 3 lists in 3 columns. Column A contains month name, column B contains Week name and column C contains Serial number.
Follow below given steps to automatically define the names for ranges in lists:-
- Select any cell in the data area and select the Current Region by pressing Ctrl+Shift+* on your keyboard.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F3.
- ‘Create Names from Selection’ dialog box will appear.
- Check to Top Row and Left Column.
- Click on OK.
- Each row and column range now defines its own range name.
- To see the automatically defined name, Press Ctrl+F3 on your keyboard.
- Name Manager dialog box will appear.
- Now you can see the every defined names.
In this way we can create many define name through excel Name Manager.