To add a Running Balance Calculation Column:
Step 1: Add a New Calculated Field
1. Select a cell in the PivotTable Report, press Alt+P and from the PivotTable icon on the PivotTable toolbar, select Formula, and then Calculated Field.
2. In the Name box, type Running Balance Field as the name of the calculated field.
3. From Fields select the Credit field, and then click Insert Field.
4. In Formula, type the minus (-) sign.
5. In Fields, select the Debit field, and then click Insert Field.
6. Click OK.
Step 2: Calculate the Running Balance
1. Select a cell in the new calculated field and click the Field Settings icon on the PivotTable toolbar.
2. In the PivotTable Field dialog box, change the field name in the Name box.
3. Click Options.
4. From the Show Data as dropdown list, select Running Total in.
5. In Base field, select Details, and then click OK.
Screenshot // Adding a Running Balance Calculation Column