In this article, we will learn how to quickly select a range in the workbook by using the shortcuts. We can select a cell or range of cells in Excel sheet is by selecting the Name defined for that range from the Name Box dropdown list to the left of the Formula Bar.
The Name Box contains a list of the Names assigned to the cell addresses. Selecting a Name is as same as selecting the address of a cell or range of cells in the active workbook.
There are so many different types of range selection ways:-
1) How to select First active cell to till the last active cell?
2) How to select the specific cells?
3) How to select the range in horizontal and vertical?
4) How to select the range through name box?
How to select First active cell to till the last active cell?
We have data in Excel in which we want to select the data from first active cell to last active cell.
There is shortcut to select the range from first active cell to last active cell Ctrl+A.
How to select the specific cells?
In this example, we just want to select cell C6, E6 and H6.
Follow below steps:-
- Select the cell C6.
- Press Ctrl key and click on E6 through mouse.
- Press Ctrl Key and click on H6.
- 3 different places cells will get selected.
How to select the range in horizontal and vertical?
In this example, we select the horizontal and vertical range from first active cell to last active cell.
To select the horizontal range, follow below steps:-
- Select the cell C6
- Press Ctrl + Shift + right arrow key
To select the vertical range, follow below steps:-
- Select the cell C6
- Press Ctrl + Shift + down arrow key
How to select the range through name box?
- Select the first cell from where you want to select the range.
- Click on Name Box
- Type the last cell address in Name Box
- Press Shift +Enter
These are the ways to select the ranges in Microsoft Excel.
If you liked our blogs, share it with your friends on Facebook. And also you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org