In this article we will learn how we can round the numbers to thousands with hundreds as a decimal in Microsoft Excel 2010.
To round to thousands with hundreds as a decimal we can use the Custom Format or Round formula.
We can round the numbers from the 2 different ways.
1st Custom Format
2nd Round Function
Custom Format: -We can use Custom Number Format, to display a Number in Million or Display it in some Color. It’s a tool from in old versions of excel when there was no Conditional Formatting option in Excel. All conditional options are performed by using Custom Number Formal.
ROUND: – This function is used to round a number to a specified number of digits.
Syntax of “ROUND” function: =ROUND (number, num_digits)
Example:Cell A1 contains the number 456.25
=ROUND (A1, 0), function will return 456
Round the number to Thousands with hundreds as a decimal by using the Custom Format
Let’s take an example and understand.
We have categorized Income data. In which column D contains City Name, column E contains Gender and column F contains Income in $. We want to format income.
To Round the Numbers to Thousands with Hundreds as a Decimal follow below given steps:-
- Select the range F6:F16 and copy by pressing the key Ctrl+C and paste in the range G6:G16 by pressing the key Ctrl+V on your keyboard
- Select the range G6:G16 and press the key Ctrl+1 on your keyboard.
- Format Cells dialog box will appear.
- In the Number Tab, Click on Custom.
- After clicking on the Custom, related options will get appear.
- In the type box write the format type #,###,.#
- The function will return the rounded numbers to thousands with hundreds as a decimal figures.
We will learn about the 2nd way to convert the numbers in thousands with hundreds as decimals.
Round the number by using the Round Function
Let’s understand with a simple exercise
- Select the Cell H6 and write the formula.
- =ROUND((F6/1000),1)press enter.
- The function will round the numbers to thousands with hundreds as a decimal figures in Millions.
This is the way we can round the number in thousands with hundreds as a decimal by using the formula and Custom Format in Microsoft Excel.