In this article we will learn about how we can round the numbers to millions with thousands as a decimal in Microsoft Excel.
To round the numbers in Millions with Thousands we can use the Custom Formator Round formula in Microsoft Excel 2010 and 2013.
We can round the numbers to Millions with thousands as a decimal from the 2 different ways.
1st Custom Format
2nd Round Function
Custom Format: -We can use Custom Number Format, to display a Number in Million or Display it in some Color.It’s a tool from in old versions of excel when there was no Conditional Formatting option in Excel. All conditional options are performed by using Custom Number Formal.
ROUND: – This function is used to round a number to a specified number of digits.
Syntax of “ROUND” function: =ROUND (number, num_digits)
Example:Cell A1 contains the number 456.25
=ROUND (A1, 0), function will return 456
Round Numbers to Millions with Thousands as a Decimal by using the Custom Format
Let’s take an example and understand.
We have categorized Income data. In which column D contains City Name, column E contains Gender and column F contains Income in $. We want to format income in Millions.
To Round the Numbers to Millions with Thousands as a Decimal follow below given steps:-
- Select the range F6:F16 and copy by pressing the key Ctrl+C and paste in the range G6:G16 by pressing the key Ctrl+V on your keyboard
- Select the range G6:G16 and press the key Ctrl+1 on your keyboard.
- Format Cells dialog box will appear.
- In the Number Tab, Click on Custom.
- After clicking on the Custom, related options will get appear.
- In the type box write the format type$#.#,,” M”
- The function will return the rounded numbers to Millions with thousands as a decimal figures.
Round the number by using the Round Function
Let’s understand with a simple exercise
- Select the Cell H6 and write the formula.
- =”$”&ROUND((F6/1000000),1)&” M”press enter.
- The function will round the numbers to Millions with thousands as a decimal figures.
This is the way we can round the numberto Million with Thousands as a decimal by using the formula and Custom Format in Microsoft Excel.